January 15, 2012

Welcome, Nursery Rhyme Day, and Snowman Craft!

Welcome to my blog! I will admit that I have been a blog stalker since I discovered blogs this summer. I have found SO many great ideas! I would love to share some ideas of my own! Thanks for stoppping by!

Nursery Rhyme Day!
Friday was our Nursery Rhyme Celebration Day! Since the beginning of the year we have been learning one Nursery Rhyme a week. We have done a lot of activities with each Nursery Rhyme. On Friday my kiddos had to say the title, say the Nursery Rhyme, and bring in a prop. Some of my kiddos had a little more help than others, but I was glad that they brought in something! Here are a few!

Hey Diddle Diddle!
 Hickory Dickory Dock!
 Little Bo Peep! (Poor Little Bo Peep was lost instead of her sheep!)

Shaving Cream Snowmen!
Earlier in the week we made our own shaving cream snowmen. We mixed together shaving cream and glue. I love how they turned out because the students did all of the work by themselves! They drew their own circles for the snowmen then spread the shaving cream and glue with the back of a spoon. After that they put on the hat, nose, scarf, and buttons. I used black foam for the hat, orange pipe cleaners for the nose, ribbon for the scarf, and beads for the buttons. We let the snowmen dry for about two days before we painted on the stick arms and coal smile. I love how they turn out! We will be doing a writing activity soon where the students describe their snowmen using color and number words!



Thanks for visiting my very new blog! And thank you to my first follower - Louanne- you inspired me to write my first post! (I had created my blog before the New Year)

2 comments:

  1. Cute ideas, thanks for stopping by my blog and I am now following you! Welcome to blogging hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your clock! :) Ohh, and lots of goodies on pinterest---I tend to pin more junk food than anything else lol ;)

    DeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete